Ways to Apply
- Apply Online: BenefitsCal.org, GetCalFresh.org or
- You may request an application in person, by phone, by fax, by mail, or at the California Department of Social Services - CalFresh Program website. Your application starts the day the county receives your signed application. You will receive an appointment by mail for an interview by phone or you may ask to complete your interview in person, or
- Apply in person at your local Human Services office, especially if you need CalFresh benefits right away, or call the CalFresh Application Line at (661) 631-6062. Leave your name and address and the application form will be mailed to you with a return envelope. Mail the completed at P.O. Box 511, Bakersfield, CA. 93302, signed application forms in the envelope. Your application starts the day the county receives your signed application. You will receive an appointment by mail for an interview by phone or you may ask to complete your interview in person, (English | Spanish) or
- You can fax the completed, signed application form to (661) 631-6573. Your application starts the day the county receives your signed application form.
- Or by calling the Customer Assistance TeleCenter at 1 (877) 410-8812
County Office Hours:
Monday through Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
(Holiday hours varies, please click here to view)
Call Center Hours:
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
ATTENTION TRANSITIONAL NUTRITION BENEFIT (TNB) PROGRAM RECIPIENTS
Your EBT food benefits must be renewed. The TNB recertification process will restart November 2023. Your recertification form will be sent to you between October 2023 and September 2024 depending on your renewal month. This means you must complete the TNB recertification packet in order to maintain your EBT food benefits. You may be recertified for an additional 12 months if you qualify. You can still apply for regular CalFresh at any time if there are changes in your household or income.
Please contact your county office if you have any questions.
Atención todos los beneficiarios del programa de Beneficios Nutricionales de Transición (TNB)
Está recibiendo este mensaje porque sus beneficios de alimentos EBT deben renovarse. El proceso de recertificación de TNB se reiniciará en noviembre de 2023. Su formulario de recertificación se le enviará entre octubre de 2023 y septiembre de 2024, dependiendo de su mes de renovación. Esto significa que debe completar el paquete de recertificación de TNB para poder mantener sus beneficios de alimentos de EBT. Es posible que se le recertifique por 12 meses adicionales si califica. Aún puede solicitar CalFresh regular en cualquier momento si hay cambios en su hogar o en sus ingresos.
Comuníquese con la oficina de su condado si tiene alguna pregunta.
Replacement or Disaster of CalFresh Supplement
Please contact your case worker to help you process this application.
Important Information Regarding Online Food Purchases
Online Food Purchase Location Information
Important Information Regarding the Public Charge Rule Change
Monthly Income Limits
EBT Online Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ CalFresh Brochure
CalFresh Allotments & Income Reporting Threshold
Low-income individuals and families use CalFresh to purchase groceries at many food stores. CalFresh benefits are issued on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card that looks like any other credit card. The amount of your benefits depends on your family size, income, and monthly expenses.
Protect Your Benefits Flyers